REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CLIMATE CHANGE APPLIED RESEARCH INNOVATION CHALLENGE WINDOW – INDIVIDUALS/FIRMS
PROJECT: NATIONAL CLIMATE RESILIENCE PROGRAMME
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NO: EAD/CONS/PCB/19/001 (Download Full Guidelines here)
The Government of Malawi through the Environmental Affairs Department with technical support from the United Nations Development Programme have launched a ‘Climate Change Applied Research Innovation Challenge Window’. The Innovation window is anchored by the National Climate Resilience programme.
The Innovation window is aimed at enhancing the Country’s development, transfer and adoption of technologies and approaches that stimulate low carbon development and facilitate green growth. The window will support technological and nature-based innovations that can a) transform current adaptation practices b) break the cycle of food insecurity c) restore ecology integrity of land and forests while improving human well-being through multi-functional landscapes and d) build resilient infrastructure in the face of disasters.
The window will provide Implementing partners with tried and tested innovations for addressing climate change as well as strengthening linkages between policy and research.
Environmental Affairs Department therefore invites expressions of interest from eligible individuals and firms for innovations that have the potential to:
- Transform the current approach to climate change adaptation especially in most affected sectors (moving from incremental to transformative action;
- Reduce Malawi’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and achieve green growth;
- Demonstrate the multi-functionality of landscapes;
- Demonstrate changes in Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices in technology and Policy adoption;
- Increase infrastructure resilience to climate induced disasters.
The call is open to individuals and institutions that possess any one of the following requirements:
- Strong capabilities in applied research within the stated priority areas under section 4.
- A ground-breaking innovation within the priority areas (section 4) that require assistance to accelerate up-scaling and commercialisation.
- Completed research studies and the findings that respond to the priority areas in section 4 and require dissemination.
- Have an innovative idea that requires acceleration in approaches to change attitudes and practices in technology and policy adoption.
Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of 2017. Participation is open to all eligible individuals and firms.
Further information and full Terms of Reference/ Guidelines can be obtained by clicking here or contacting Ms Hanna Kasongo-Siame ([email protected]) or Ms Jane Swira (j[email protected]) with copies to Ms Doreen Msendema ([email protected]) during office hours (08:00 to 16:00 hours CAT).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a hard copy form to the address below (in person) or by e-mail to the email addresses above by 25th September, 2019 at 14:00 hours. Bids submitted after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
Environmental Affairs Department
Lingadzi House (Third Floor)
Lilongwe 3, Malawi
Tel: +265 1 771111
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED, PLEASE COME BACK SOON FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES